Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Best of 2007


This is My updated Best of 2007. Wilco is still #1 The artists with the highest debuts are White Stripes and Wrinkle Neck Mules at 3 and 4 respectively. The Hackensaw Boys and JohnDoe also debuted in the top 10. While Paul McCartney and Sarah Borges entered just outside the top 10. This list does not inlcude any albums released on June 26th. So Ryan Adams and Kelly Willis will have to wait until next month. Also, as usual, I did some rearranging based on further reflection. Enjoy the list and feel free to tell me how you agree or disagree. Also, make no hesitation to trash me or my intelligence in any way you see fit. I'm used to it.

1) Wilco - "Sky Blue Sky"
2) Patty Griffin - "Children Running Through"
3) White Stripes - "Icky Thump"
4) Wrinkle Neck Mules - "Wicks Have Met"
5) Assembly of Dust - "Recollection"
6) Hackensaw Boys - "Look Out"
7) The Broken West - "I Can't Go on I'll Go on"
8) )The Shins - "Wincing the Night Away"
9) Son Volt - "The Search"
10) John Doe - "A year in the Wilderness"
11) Paul McCartney - " Memory Almost Full"
12) Sarah Borges and the Broken Singles - "Diamonds in the Dark"
13) Willy Mason - "If the Ocean Gets Rough"
14) Dale Watson - "From the Cradle to the Grave"
15) Modest Mouse - "We Were Dead Before he Ship Ever Sank"
16) Feist - "The Reminder"
17) Charlie Louvin - "Charlie Louvin"
18) Infamous Stringdusters - "Fork in the Road"
19) Nathan - "Key Principles"
20) Olav Larsen and the Alabama Rodeo Stars - "Loves' Com to Town"
21) Adam Hood - "Different Groove"
22) Elizabeth Cook - "Balls"
23) Rocky Votolato - "The Brag and Cuss"
24) The Basement - "Illicit Hugs and Playground Thugs"
25) The Greencards - "Viridian"
26) Pela - "Anytown Graffiti"
27) Joe Ely - "Happy Song from Rattlesnake Gulch"
28) Cadillac Sky - "Blind Man Walking"
29) Martin Sexton - "Seeds"
30) Two Cow Garage - "Three"
31) Hoots & Hellmouth- "Hoots & Hellmouth
32) Norah Jones - "Not Too Late"
33) Bill Kirchen - "Hammer of the Honky Tonk Gods"
34) Adrienne Young - "Room to Gow"
35) The Dexateens - "Hardwire Healing"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will be interesting to see where Kelly Willis ends up. I think this is one of her stronger albums. Are you going to see her on the 6th?

Chip Frazier said...

I've heard a few songs but haven't bought the album yet. I'm going to pick it up this weekend. Unfortunately Iam at the beach for the 4th - 9th with the fam. So I am going to miss the Show. Which is a real bummer. If you go let em know how it is. I saw her 2 years ago with Bruce and it was awesome.