Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Early Award Candidates

I would like to point out a couple of releases I recently purchased:

Surprise of the Year Candidate: Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks - Real Emotional Trash No doubt Malkmus is an icon of the indie rock world. From Pavement and his solo work since the break up of the group. However, while I respected his music, I was never as big of a fan as many others have been. All of this changed when I heard this album. The psychadelic jams and guitar riffs are arranged brilliantly. His quirky lyrics draw you into each song. However, I have no idea what a Jick is.

"Cold Son" MP3

Comback of the Year Candidate:: Carlene Carter - Stronger I can't imagine a bigger and more welcome comeback. Stronger indeed! Her demons are in the past and the lyrics on some the songs reflect that healing. Welcome back. There always needs to be a Carter in country music

Listen to It Takes One to Know Me

No comments: